Saturday, December 29, 2007

Deciding to Attend Law School

I've been inundated with comments today from people who are very negative about their career prospects as attorneys. There are a lot of postings and articles on this topic (financial ramifications of attending law school). I'm not sure why there's such a sudden interest in something I posted back in September, but I always welcome new readers.

My blog and my law school admission consulting services are aimed to assist people who have already made the decision to go to law school, most of the time after considerable research and thought. The purpose of my blog is not to debate the merits of a legal education, but to offer advice and help to those who choose to seek it. I publish all relevant comments by readers, and truly appreciate the perspective added to the discussion.

Many people regret decisions they have made in life, and a (vocal) number of people regret their decision to attend law school. (It should be noted that none of the people leaving comments were my clients). Negativity is not my style - if you want to go to law school then I want to help you get there. I will offer my expertise and guidance and support.

I have practiced law. My husband is a practicing attorney as are his father, uncle, cousin and sister. My brother and two cousins are all attorneys. Most of my close friends are attorneys. They are all happy, intelligent, productive individuals who are able to support their families through this profession.

I wish everyone a very happy New Year, and hope to post a "Best of 2007 Law School Expert" List shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your success as an attorney.
    I'm actually in the process of thinking (although I've pretty much decided to apply within 5 years) about going to law school (I'm working first to pay off some debt), and this blog is really helping me see the things I need to work on, as well as give a clearer (or at least less murky!) picture of what lies ahead...

    ReplyDelete